EYE-DAS is an organization dedicated to helping the visually impaired in the San Gabriel Valley. Membership is open to any adult with impaired, partial, or no vision. Sighted individuals are welcome.
EYE-DAS encourages those with visual problems to become more independent and lead a more productive and satisfying life.
What does EYE-DAS mean?
EYE-DAS, an acronym for EYE Diseases Are Serious is pronounced “Ida’s” in honor of Ida Fracasse who founded the organization with her husband Joe in 1975. EYE-DAS has been serving the visually impaired community since 1975. We provide members with resources, ongoing education, current information, problem sharing and social activities in order to enable independence and to improve quality of life.
What do we do?
We Provide our members with:
- Social Activities
- Resources, education, & information on vision
- Vision enhancement technology e.g., Close Circuit Television (CCTV) Reading Devices
- Opportunities to encourage independence & improved quality of life
EYE-DAS welcomes individuals with all types of visual impairments.
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- RP (Retinitis Pigmentosa)
- Eye Injuries
- ROP-Retinopathy of Prematurity
- Vascular Diseases (Stroke)
- Cancer of the Eye
- Optic Nerve Disorders
- Cornea Deterioration
EYE-DAS Foundation welcomes your financial support.